We know children like to have fun, be outside, get messy, and be social. NELC offers a comprehensive preschool program that will allow just that while supporting the developmental and academic goals of your preschooler.
Our program is play-based, with several teacher instructed activities injected throughout the day. Our daily schedule will allow for flexibility but will also provide the structure that children need to learn and thrive. Our curriculum is designed to focus on Kindergarten readiness skills from literacy and math to science and motor skills. We feel fortunate to be close to the heart of Norfolk, so we can utilize the many community resources available, such as the Library & Post Office, to enhance our weekly curriculum.
Parents can chose hours, days or weeks that are suitable for their family. Children are free to attend for as few or as many hours as they would like throughout the week.
Our goals for Preschool….
• Assist each child to build upon their gifts, creating a sense of personal self-worth
• A commitment to a child centered academic curriculum and active learning
• Providing small, same age classes (approximately 10 children)
• Individual, whole group, and cooperative opportunities for learning
• An emphasis on both the creative arts and physical activity